We are seeking an immediate full time Medical Assistant, LVN/LPN for our busy Family Practice group in the Clear Lake area. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail. Ideal candidate must possess excellent clinical skills, positive attitude, excellent and efficient communication and documentation skills, and be a motivated team-player. Family Practice office experience preferred but not required. Must be proficient in performing EKGs, reporting test results to patients, giving injections, calling in prescriptions, and all other common medical office procedures. Ideal candidate will have an exuberantly friendly and outgoing personality! Experience with eClinicalWorks EMR is a plus.
Promotes and restores patients’ health by maintaining the day-to-day operation of the patient care area; assisting support staff; working with the clinic provider to assure physical and psychological support.
MAJOR DUTIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
- Demonstrates a positive and courteous manner in dealing with patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Presents a professional appearance and approach with patients and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively (hear, listen, speak) with patients, physicians and staff.
- Identify patient service requirements by establishing rapport with the patient and others while being aware of age specific needs.
- Handle patient information with appropriate sensitivity and safeguarding to ensure confidentiality.
- Provides patient care that is consistent with organizational policies and external regulations and requirements.
- Performs the following tasks, including but not limited to: set up rooms, place patient in room, updates patients electronic medical record with chief complaint, vitals, history of present illness, review of systems, allergies, medications, family/past/social histories, and any other information as needed.
- Supports patients and providers in the medication refill process.
- Notify patients when prescription orders are ready, faxed, or submitted to pharmacy.
- Contacts patient to report lab test results and if there’s any change in medications.
- Answer telephone calls and takes messages for the provider and/or returns telephone calls to patients, documenting all patient interaction in the patient medical chart.
- Protect patients and employees by complying with infection control policies and protocols, following medication administration and storage procedures.
- Cleans and prepares room between patients and restocks supplies.
- Maintain Universal precautions and follow all applicable procedures regarding infection control and reducing healthcare acquired infections (HAIs). This includes but is not limited to, good handwashing and gloving practices.
- Reports communicable disease to County Health Department as needed.
- Acts as a liaison with the providers, other doctor’s and the hospital.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested by the Team Leader and/or provider.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant School or higher
Valid and current Medical Assistant or higher certification
Demonstrate competencies in dealing with all age groups including neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
Standard office equipment.
Standard clinical and/or office environments
Please submit resume to email@example.com.